Friday, April 13, 2018

L is for LAVA

L – LAVA

The POWER of Tutu Pele

From Destruction New Land and New Life Springs

Tutu Pele is the Goddess of Fire and her home is in Kilauea on Hawai'i Island.
There Tutu Pele dug her eternal fire pit, Halemaʻumaʻu Crater, at the summit of Kilauea Volcano. 
Visiting Tutu Pele and seeing the power and awe of her creating new land
is something I have done many times.  
I have seen her many moods

 from slowly moving surface Lava that I stood only inches away from



to Lava pouring into the sea and exploding as it touched the cool ocean.




  One remarkable thing about Lava photographs there is often a face found in the photo when I  return home and start working on my photos.




It is always different and always an adventure every time we hike out to the active Lava.
BUT it is ALWAYS worth it!





5 comments:

  1. Volcanoes are terrifying but extremely fascinating!!!

    Donna B. McNicol|Author and Traveler
    A to Z Flash Fiction Stories | A to Z of Goldendoodles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the fact that that the Island is Growing amazing. I just love watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, Nancy! It was a cool experience when we went near the flowing lava on the big island. Very humbling to be in the presence of something so powerful but beautiful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree. Thanks for enjoying my photography. I should go back to it.

      Delete
  4. We are watching the terror of the volcano on your island as the lava swallows up houses and cars. How are you affected in your area? Hopefully you are far enough away to be safe but the air quality would depend on the prevailing wind.

    ReplyDelete