Saturday, April 21, 2018

S is for Shells on the Shoreline

S - SHELLS on the SHORELINE

All my life when life is tough or I need to think things through I head for the Shore. The Sand between my toes and the waves lapping over the sand always bring me peace of mind and allow me to think and problem through. When I walk I am a collector searching the waters edge for shells and sea glass. Over the years I have accumulated so much that I now only collect the unusual pieces.
Walking on Beaches of many colors of Sand

Or sometimes just a Rocky Shore

Pieces of coral forming Coral Hearts 

Hawaii Island even has a beach made of GREEN SAND

Molokai has one of my all time favorite White sand beaches

Granulated Cowries and Cone Shells
 are what I search for these days


We have lots of Black Sand Beaches from all the Volcanic Activity  
A little piece of Old Hawaii

One of the best things about walking on the Shoreline is seeing HONU


Or sharing the Sand with an Endangered Hawaiian Monk Seal


Or just taking the time to sit and watch another amazing SUNSET


5 comments:

  1. Great photos, Nancy! I love the one of your foot, the turtle and monk seal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks The Monk seal is a favorite of mine. HE swam with us and then followed us up onto the beach. We had to move our towels and stuff when he settled down for a nap. You are not allowed to be with in 100 feet.

      Delete
  2. The tongue twister 'She sells seashells on the seashore' came into my mind immediately. A seal appeared way inland in my River Swale this week having swum up the Humber and the Ouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching our seals. I hope some day to walk the beaches in England I have heard the sea glass found is beautiful.

      Delete
  3. On my CT. shore we had a seal come up and spend a few days... people flocked to see him up close. Sadly he's never returned. https://everyonehasafamilystorytotell.wordpress.com/ My A to Z on All About Nancy Drew

    ReplyDelete